1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone ever used Quick Estimator?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Drafto, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Drafto

Drafto LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone used Quick Estimator? I am giving it a try and I am assuming it is similar to QB Contractors Edition? I currently use QB Pro but I was given a 30 day trial of Quick Estimator, I am just looking for some feedback from you guys/gals. I don't know if I should get the QB Contractors (b/c I am familiar with QB) or if QE is better.

2. jwholden

jwholden LawnSite Member
    from CT

I have been trying it over the winter, and I will be using it next year for my estimates. I love the cost book, it would be a PITA to have that many items in Quickbooks. I also like the fact that I can base my estimate on the cost of my items, and adjust the markup percentages very easily.

I have noticed some minor glitches with the software, but I have come to accept that with most software.

I give it a thumbs up!
  3. chriscampbell

chriscampbell LawnSite Member

anyone useing dynascape for the quote program?
  4. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

It looks like a pretty neat program. I was hoping to do something like that with quickbooks but have not yet had the time to play with it.