has anyone fired an employee for this?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TurnGreen1, Nov 28, 2009.

1. TurnGreen1

TurnGreen1 LawnSite Member

Has anyone fired an employee for marking the sidewalk up with green tire tracks? If not what do you do to keep them from happening? Aside from the obvious dont drive on the sidewalk. This is a major peeve of mine. I absolutely hate marking the driveway or sidewalk up from wet grass. I will back the trailer up to the edge of the yard to make sure no grass marks. What are some of your guys techniques to keep or remove the marks?

2. dgw

dgw LawnSite Bronze Member
    from OH

thats why we cut the perimeter first, and teach the employees to do so as well

i thought everyone did

if your talking about the little bit from when im done, the 8001 at close range gets it

sounds like you run a tight ship over there

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

sounds like more than a shiip that is tight!!

i dont like it much either, but have come to terms as to avoid tearing up the grass when we have had good rains. the lawn is more important to me than a few stains that are gone next rain.

4. TurnGreen1

I try to be above grade. Unfortunately, I have a few that seem to not understand my level of expectations. Leaving grass marks on the sidewalk or driveway in not an option for me.

5. TurnGreen1

I by all means do not tear the lawn up. When I back the trailer up to the curb, my gate will then pass over the sidewalk allowing me to load without leaving any marks on the lawn or sidewalk. If, or should I say when you cut grass that is wet it obviously gets on the tires. How do you avoid from leaving marks?

6. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

man, I don't even care about that. never though about that. Its like, well it wold be green tomorrow

7. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Hold the string trimmer and "angle grind" the stuck grass. It usually comes up pretty well that way, then just backpack blow it all off...just don't walk over what you "grinded."

8. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I don't try to drive on the sidewalks or dive anyways unless i have too.

9. TurnGreen1

I am worried about it. And I have gained customers due to my long list of detail. Not to worry about it is not the attitude to have as a business owner. My clientel expect perfection for the service I provide. I understand that,and in most cases I probably promote the expectation due to my detailed nature. The main reason for this was to see if this was something I worried more about then others. I know in my area I see the stains all the time. When I was in Orlando I would have lost all my customers in Isleworth for poor detail.

10. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I don't want to sound like a Richard, but if you're so up on detail, why are you cutting wet grass?