Has anyone had carb problems redmax 7001

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ronnie Greenwood1, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Ronnie Greenwood1

Ronnie Greenwood1 LawnSite Member
    from IL

Been meaning to post this but I have two that have had carb trouble worked on. The dealer asked me where I get gas I told him at shell usally he tried blaming it on that and did not want to warnty them told me too buy gas a some cheep gas station sounds like a bunch of bs to me. I use echo or sthl oil also??
  2. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

all these manufacuturers basically use the same make and model carbs, which redmax, or echo or whoever doesn't make themselves.

We've seen a ton of problem with this newer ethanol blend gas.

I can take the carb apart on a brand new back pack that has maybe 40 hours on it. Serviced to the hill and clean as a whistle, and find build up on the diaphrams in the carb.

Really nothing no one can do for it. The dealer is right, it's really not a warranty problem, however.........sometimes.......if your filters were clean, and the tank was clean, and the machine looks like it was kept up......just take care of the customer.
  3. Ronnie Greenwood1

Ronnie Greenwood1 LawnSite Member
    from IL

Hey thanks for the reply becouse I was really stating to wonder about redmax
  4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Mine will loose rpms and seem weak sometimes but usually sea foam or some other fuel additive will get it running good after a tank or two. I just don't run mine enough to keep the carb clean. I use the smaller blowers most of the time.
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I thought the manufactures recommended not using ethanol blend gases in two stroke engines, am I wrong?
  6. KB Klippers

KB Klippers LawnSite Member

Bought a brand new bcz 2604 or 01...whatever they call it...diaphram was bad from the gitgo. Dealer put a kit in it...and gave me a loaner...runs like a banshee! The best trimmer for the money...305 otd. Remember, it is not a holley carb on there. I just recently started burning KLOTZ racing oil in my stuff. going to see how everything runs.
  7. Bryan Wilson

Bryan Wilson LawnSite Member

I understand that an ethanol type fuel runs HOT causing damage to valves.
  8. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

never a carb problem but the bolts holding in the exhaust keep snapping.. and when u have to finish the day with no exhaust on u wanna die even with plugs in.. suprisingly no ones ever complained
  9. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a 7001. It ran perfectly for 3 years! And I did nothing to it. I didn't even shake out the air filter! It was amazing. Then the carb began to give me troubles. The straps on it broke too, which I replaced. Well, I'm still using the machine after 4 or 5 years, but the occasional carb trouble is now irritating.:cry:
  10. blowerboy

blowerboy LawnSite Member

i lovelove my redmax 7001 and im evn geting a new one they are just great pecies offf equipment. i herd they made changes on the 07 one and the carb is one!! well offfcourse thats why im getting `1:cry: