Has anyone had luck with using those 18x24 lawn signs!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greatdane522003, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Greatdane522003

Greatdane522003 LawnSite Member

I bought 100 signs, I put up about 10 of them and 5 were takin about a day later, I found out that the city's pubic works guys took them! So what I'm going to start doing is put them out about 4 oclock on friday night, write down were I put them, Then on Sunday night go back and picking them back up, I was wanting to know if anyone had great luck with these signs!

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

98% of the guys you will get from this publicity are problems.

3. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

There's a reason they took them down, if your not careful you'll get a good size fine and the city could always revoke your liscense. Now I have put them up before and landed a couple of jobs, but out of all the ones I put out all but I think 2 were stolen (probably by other lco's).

4. luckydooley

luckydooley LawnSite Senior Member

I bought 100 also, put 25 out about two weeks ago. About half are left. Got one call to bid a HOA, but I dont think theyll pay enough. Its a crapshoot as to which ones get takin. In our city they can be put out as long as they are on the non-street side of sidewalk. I've had better luck with them remaining in the rural areas. I am going to bring a ladder when I put the rest out and nail some out of ground reach on telephone poles where it is legal. Should deter people from removing them. Funniest thing I live in a subdivision outside of city limits with another lco down the street. He has one at our entrance along with many other peoples signs. I put one out there. It disappears, but all others remain! Jackass! I just replaced it immediatley. Hasn't disappeared again yet. Hope I catch him pull it out!

5. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

where are you putting these signs? seems if you had permission from a homeowner then there is nothing the city could do. could be wrong though.

6. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Ask some of your accts if they would put them on their property for a small discount on a cut, that way they will not get removed...they will be on private property..

7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Most citys and countys have ordinances that specify that you can place the signs on Friday but Sunday evening they have to be picked back up...thats probably why they were taken up.

8. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

someone put one in one of the yards I service. you bet I took it. i'm not going to let them get credit for my work. put them in yards that you service.

9. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

had 100 got 17 left. We did get a few accounts from them. I think we'll burn these up and call it good. Kind of a pain in the butt

Picture 618.jpg

10. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

we've had luck with them but only place them on properties we have performed jobs. I think placing them on street corners is cheap and tacky.