Has anyone heard of this?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LittleOranges, Apr 19, 2005.

1. LittleOranges

LittleOranges LawnSite Member

Yesterday while giving a bid on mowing, trimming , edging, etc. the potential customer told me that the last guys she had mowing her lawn did a nice job but she had to let them go because THIS season he wants the money up-front. ALL the money! For the entire season. He decided on how many times he would mow her lawn during the season and wanted the all the money up front for every mow. Is this for real? Does anyone really do this? I know lots of guys have contracts for the season, but does anyone ask for all the money for every mow for the entire season? I'm very confused. :dizzy:

2. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

good luck if you can

3. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

I know lots of companies espescially fertilizing companies that offer 5-10% off if the customer pays up for the year up front. Pretty common around here.

I wouldnt do it because money burns a hole in my pocket ;)

4. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

I offer a 5 percent discount to any of my current customers if they want to prepay for 25 cuts. After we use the 25 cuts we start billing again with no discount.

5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

If he was "demanding" that she paid up front, she's probably a problem payer.

6. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

We have about 10% of our customers that pay for the year in full. We do offer a discount. :)

7. LittleOranges

LittleOranges LawnSite Member

Yeah, that makes sense GoGetter. I didn't think about that. :blush: