Has anyone invented this yet?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by siclmn, Oct 29, 2002.

1. siclmn

siclmn LawnSite Senior Member

I need something that will hold my precut trimmer line on my trimmer. What I do now is put some line in my pocket and it will sometimes fall out as I walk around.
  2. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Duct tape??? I dont use pre-cut line...I use a bump feed head, as most others do.

3. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

Precut? Heres my advice for you. Take that little trimmer head, take it off the weedeater, and chuck that POS in the trash. Go to your nearest dealer and get a real trimmer head, like a bump feed by Echo, those are awesome.
    Had a partner that had one of those, he used it for two days. We still tease him about it.
    If you insist on keeping that, that thing! I would suggest just putting them in your pocket, thats the best way. You could try duct tape, but thats seems a big waste of time to me. What am I saying? the whole concept is a waste of time! Realistically, how long does it take to wind a trimmer head? It takes me about 1 1/2 minutes. Then I am good to go for the next two-three days. You have one of those precut heads, you not only spend more money buying the precut line, but you also have to stop evertime you want more line out, stuff it in, then get started again! Great big waste of time.
    Of course this is just my own humble opinion. :D

4. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

Heck yeah,throw that pre cut head away.A bump feed is quicker and saves you heaps of line.Pre cuts waste over half your line.
  5. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

6. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

I think that product was targeted at homeowners. Ever notice the prewound replacement spools for sale? I'm still using my Ryobi's until they poop out on me. They wind with the spool still on the trimer, it's smooth.
  7. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

My new Echo 200r came with the pre-cut style head. I used it ONE time and that was enough. I replaced it with an Echo bump feed, much better!
  8. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I would pitch the head, a terrible concept for commercial use in my opinion.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

"86" the homeowner stuff...get a bump n' feed type.
  10. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe he means the string he has "precut" to reload his commercial head so he doesn't have to walk back to the truck to reload? Man you guys have gotten tough.