1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone made their own discharge chute block off plate?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eddings, Apr 17, 2008.

1. eddings

eddings LawnSite Member

I am pondering the best way to do this. I have a Toro 52", and it looks like it would be simple to bend a piece of aluminum and wing nut it into place. It would be nice if it was on hinges so a person could raise and lower it at will.

I know they make a product for this but it costs several hundred dollars, and it looks like it would be easy to make.
  2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I made one for my exmark, hooked it up to an electric motor (car window motor). Worked really nice but I bag now so I don't use it.

I made it with scrap metal laying around, used a piece of 1/4" steel (really should of used about 1/8" to make it easier on the electric motor), then some 1/8" thick stripes of 1" metal to make an arm and a base. It's not hard to make them.
  3. jggarrettllc

jggarrettllc LawnSite Member

heres mine

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i made my own for the kubota zd326, look up my thread of recent to see them. i like what you did to yours for the scag, how did you rig it up( what is that) to use it electrically or what ever to raise it . i haven t gotten that far yet and just use a rubber strap for now!!!!!
  5. grassman177

see if this pic workshttp://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=104116&stc=1&d=1206406366
  6. grassman177

i dont think that worked, i have the pics uploaded, but dont know how to reload them to this thread. anyone?
  7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

That is a nice job.....if insterested in making me just the plate I am willing to pay....I would like to wing nut it to hold it close I don't open/shut but a couple times a week. I got a tiger cub with velocity plus deck.....doesn't it blow that up?
  8. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

that looks good on that scag