Has anyone mounted a trailer ball to their bobcat to move trailers?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by SouthernYankee, Sep 29, 2005.

1. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

My shop is 24ft by 33ft deep and I am tight for space having a 12ft enclosed trailer, a new bobcat trailer and a 1 ton dumptruck.

I remember someone telling me about having a trailer ball welded onto his bobcat bucket which was very helpful in moving his trailers around their yard.

Has anyone done something like this?

Would I be better off having some type of trailer ball holder that I could switch out individual trailer ball?

Backing up is somewhat of a problem and I would have to take my machine off the trailer every night because its a tight space.

2. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I torched a hole in the end of my forks to put a trailer ball on when I need it. I keep the ball in the machine when I don't need it. Comes in handy when moving trailers, etc around the yard.

3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

There is a company that makes a clamp that goes on your bucket. The clamp has a ball hitch on it. So you can just clamp it on when you need to move a trailer. Then it comes right off when you want to used your bucket to move materials.

4. TerraFirma Excavating

TerraFirma Excavating LawnSite Member

5. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks guys, I really appricate your help!!

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

SouthernYankee

I use my Tree Boom and just turn the hook out. I just drive the hook to the trailer hitch placing it where the ball goes and then lift. The extra range of motion of a tree boom allow me better placement in tight spots in some cases.

7. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

BINGO thats it

Thanks I guess I should order one while I found the site.