Has anyone noticed you can't search for "great dane"?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tb8100, Feb 16, 2008.

1. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

i wonder why....:dizzy:

2. wintergreenlawn&landscape

wintergreenlawn&landscape LawnSite Member
    from CT

I believe they either sold or filed for bankruptcy.

3. tb8100

from TX

I mean on here. I know about the whole situation with ACI and Ariens. Ariens is still producing them I believe.

4. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

I was at a local mower shop that is great dane dealer and was asking about purchasing one and asked what kind of warrenty do they offer and he said that great dane has no warrenty anymore! It seems as the man explained to me that great dane has been bought out by some one i cant remember and they will not offer a warrenty for the remaining models but that they would offer insentives to the mower shop for the repairs but that wound not guarantee that the total bill would be covered by the manufacture. also he said that by doing this they could fade out the great dane product line....so needless to say i didnt buy one and this mite be the connection as to why you cant find any info on their models

5. tb8100

from TX

The models that were sold under ACI ownership will not have warranty, but the Ariens-owned mowers should still come with warranty. My understanding is they are being produced. The company is just under new ownership.

Anyone know if Dane Scag is still in the picture?

6. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

They have a web site

http://www.greatdanemowers.com/

and that web site indicates there are dealers in Texas. The web site also has a News page, and at the bottom of it is the footnote:

© 2008 Ariens Company - Auburn Operations. Great Dane is a registered trademark of Ariens Company.

So it looks like the product might still be currently available.

7. tb8100

from TX

I just called and talked to a dealer, who seemed a bit clueless about their product. They tried to tell me Great Dane's hydro walks are as cheap as Scag's belt-drives. I have a hard time believing that... (and he didn't have his pricing in front of him so he couldn't give me exact pricing)

8. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

See the screenshot below. That is what Netscape search pulls up for " great dane". Looks like it works just fine to me

gd.jpg

9. tb8100

from TX

I mean on here. You can't use the search query "great Dane". I get an error message every time.

10. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

I misunderstood. Sorry about that. But now that I do understand, I tried and got an error message too. But when I searched "Dane", I found 95 threads. I didn't explore many of them, of course, but they seem to be dealing with "Great Dane", so it must be some sort of a Lawnsite software shortcoming.