has anyone offered their technicians something like this before?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by rkk95, Sep 18, 2013.

1. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

I need to move there.....actually, fire all my employees...500k gross with just me working would be far simpler and net me at least 250 or 300k

2. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Posted via Mobile Device

3. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Well spoken!!!!

We would have no problem hitting 380-400k per day on many of our routes. That isn't that much with larger lawns and ride ons. You can pretty easily cover 90-100+k per hour on larger lawns. But the cost per k also drops on larger lawns too.

We do a lot of larger lawns and with our current pricing We would have to hit 16-18 acres per day to achive $2500 per truck. And our pricing is very good for our area.

Just not possible for my guys and to keep them happy.

They need to enjoy their job and then at 4 enjoy their family.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. happyuser

happyuser LawnSite Member

Must be custom turf in butler pa. Pay them 15% of total sale and a additional percent each visit up to 20% for that yr only. Work 4 10's with an option of overtime or make up day due to rain or production make-up.

5. lawnrx

lawnrx LawnSite Member
    from ga

I'm just a small company. So I don't know if this will help. But I do know if you reward your people fast they will enjoy doing the extra work you require of them. So I pay my guys $10 cash for every new client they sign and treat that day. Some times its only one client, and the most in one day was 18. But that was cash in his pocket. I only have two guys. I don't know what its like to have 10 or more like you guys do.

6. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Posted via Mobile Device

FYI

It's illegal to pay employees cash

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  7. ChuckPMi

ChuckPMi LawnSite Member

8. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Ok then.....
    Why would u pay them cash? What would be the advantage to the employer?

I am sure he is taking about paying them under the table and as I stated THAT IS ILLEGAL!

That's what "paying them cash" means to me.

I am sure that the IRS frowns on cash as their is no paper trail also.

Just not a good practice...but what do I know!
    :)I don't do it so I don't have to worry about it.

Posted via Mobile Device

9. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I think he was referring to my information that the quicker the reward--the stronger the reinforcement. A well-known principle from psychology. Conversely, if the money reward is delayed a week or two--the reinforcement to work hard in the future is much reduced.
    Check is better--but sooner is better.

10. lawnrx

lawnrx LawnSite Member
    from ga

That is what I was trying to say.