has anyone owned a yazoo kees ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joe the lawn guy, May 10, 2008.

1. joe the lawn guy

joe the lawn guy LawnSite Senior Member

hello, thank you for any info.

I'm looking at new mowers and found a new kees on sale.. No one that i know has one so are they any good ?

it hasa 61" cut
    handa 24 hp motor
    its the max 2

2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

We still have an old 32 inch WB. 1998 its used for residential lawns with small gates. It still runs like a champ and leaves a nice cut ! Iam not sure about there ZTR mowers. Havent seen any around here I have seen WB mowers thou and the guys who run them say they are Nice

3. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

hey the dealer i use in windam or freedom township sells both there riders and walk behinds and there pretty cool i have only playd with one never ran one all day but for the price you couldnt beat them brand new

4. joe the lawn guy

that's what i thought for the $$$ you cant beat them

5. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a mega max. Here goes the bad! Spindles are junk the deck is weak in the top plate area. You cannot keep anti scalp wheels on it! The steering dampners are junk But they have improved them! There is terrible blow out in front of the deck! Parking breaks could be better. the safet switch on the brake is another weak point! The biggest problem is the distribution of them which here anyways is carswell dist. Hopefully you do not have them as a dist.! Bye the way I hope that honda is cheap because they quit making those three years ago!

6. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

They look pretty cheesy, but we got one in at the shop last week.......A front deck zero turn mower 1948 model all original and the guy still uses it!! Called Yazoo to get a part, and the company offered to buy it for $5000!! The company reps are coming down to pick it up next week....lol!!

7. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

i have owned this exact mower.. my thoughts..
    cuts good, engines good but it is a little underpowered. a solid machine for the price but has weak points too.. the parking brake like other guy said. you cant adjust it far enough to make work right and thread and length of bolt cannot be bought ANYWHERE. my dealer had to make me one. next this mower used to beat me up and i would cramp up on it. you just never felt confortable on it.
    overall:
    if price was right i would buy one again but if same price as others i would buy something else.

8. joe the lawn guy

well the price is $6850.00 hows that good or bad ? its the lowest cost mower i've seen

9. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

If that price includes a suspension seat then maybe! Otherwise there are better choices out there for just a few dollars more!

10. joe the lawn guy

after reading thats what i thought so i guess i'll stay with exmark the kees dealer told me they were last years model. here i found out 3 years old that's why i post here. honesty goes a long way he should have told me how old they were