Has anyone put horns on your mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ealbertson, Feb 20, 2008.

1. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

I got tired of waving and waving trying to get people's attention so I bought horns for all the mowers. I started last year with the siren from an old truck alarm system. If nothing else it was fun scaring everybody with it. It wasn't as loud as I would have liked but for the most part they would hear it. Over the winter I bought some VW style horns from JC Whitney for around 9 something. They are a little louder so I think they should work pretty good. Just a thought you may want to try.

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Ok, whos attention are you trying to get? You going to be honking at "hot chicks" as they walk by now? I guess I've never thought of a need for a horn on a mower. Fill me in..

3. stRip

stRip LawnSite Member

LoL at first i thought you were talking about horns like bull horns or a bucks rack ... i feel dumb now after reading your thread hahaha stRip :hammerhead: <--- ME

4. Total Lawn

Total Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I think a horn is a good idea. LOL@strip. :)

5. wooley99

wooley99 LawnSite Senior Member

6. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

I dont have a horn, but I do have a pair of nuts hanging from the rear of the mower.

7. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Dont get excited, I was only jerking your chains guys!

8. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

YEARS ago I had one of those bicycle mowers that you squeeze the bulb to make it honk.

9. Dynamic

Dynamic LawnSite Member

Wooley99, Good pic. I at first really thought that this post was about those horns.
    I can't see any one of my customers appreciating a horny zero turn going across there lawn.

10. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

some customers get horny...