Has anyone ran into problems on EBAY

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by tcalb2, Feb 21, 2008.

1. tcalb2

tcalb2 LawnSite Member

I recently won a leaf loader on ebay. It was a pick up only item. So I contacted the seller and told him or her I would like to schedule a time to come and pick it up and pay for it, They responded telling me to pay 50% within 24 hours and the rest before seeing or picking up the item. I got suspicious so I did some research on the seller and found no record of him or her anywhere. I didn't pay the seller and don't know if what I did was out of line or not. But just seemed fishy anyone run into problems like that with people on ebay?

2. blind04

blind04 LawnSite Member

i buy alot on ebay. and i can tell you that i have never been taken on any item. if it were me, i would contact the seller and tell him that you will pay him in full when you show up to get the item. he cant be mad about that. if he pushes the issue of paying before you pick it up then he is prob not liggit. i can say though, ALWAYS USE PAYPAL, NEVER EVER SEND MONEY WESTERN UNION.

3. tcalb2

tcalb2 LawnSite Member

Yea defently. I think I would have persued the item had he let me see the item first. I told the seller that I wouldn't send a dime until I see it and pick it up. They didn't go for that. They sent me a rude email and I didn't response back. I don't know what ebay can do to my account. I contacted them and told them what happened and they seemed to give me a generic response.

4. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Do you remember the sellers name and item number.:waving:

5. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

You can file a claim if you like against him. He may tell ebay that you are a bad bidder/non payer and that will hurt your feedback score. If he tries to smoke you when he leaves you feedback, do the same to him, but be sure to inform ebay.

6. tcalb2

tcalb2 LawnSite Member

Yes I contacted ebay yesterday and they said that they would warn the seller against doing this in the future, but the seller I can see has already re-listed the item. Ebay has told me that I'm in contract to purchase the item and I have to contact the seller. I just emailed them not too long ago telling them I def won't. I'm not sure what ebay can do to me as a buyer.

7. tcalb2

tcalb2 LawnSite Member

oh yea this is a item # 320220862571

8. tcalb2

tcalb2 LawnSite Member

now the seller is saying that there is no intake hose. This is def a buyer beware. Maybe someone else will have better luck then me

9. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

you like that little smiley guy don't ya lol:)

10. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

i thought ebay just changed their feedback system so a seller can no longer leave a neg feedback:confused: