Has anyone seen one of these....

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by grass guys, Apr 24, 2011.

1. grass guys

grass guys LawnSite Member

One of my buddies saw one of these in Bowling Green Kentucky while he was there doin a landscapin job. I thought it was a cool concept but never really saw one until I saw it in a brochure for John Deere. But have any of you all actually seen one out in the field?????

Double Decker Mowin Truck.jpg
  2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

There's a whole lot of photoshop going on there.
  3. lukemelo216

lukemelo216 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ...

nope just in the brochure as well. I am really suprised they put the ztr up on top though, that would not be a fun mower to unload at all. fold down the rops and that could go on the bottom with the 2 standers up top. Looks like a neat concept though. Probably something a national would consider.

but yes i do agree now that i look closer at it, lots of photoshop. The top deck is slightly angled, not sitting level. And the 2 supports bars are slightly darker. also the front support bar goes up on an angle. And if you look on the curbside, there isnt a support bar there where the dovetail starts.
  4. Tyler's Lawn Maintenance

Tyler's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

I saw it in a recent issue of Turf. I don't think it's real, as it is unpractical because it would be top heavy if it was and the top ramp would not be functional if it were in that location on the truck. Good location for trimmer racks though! Ha
  5. lukemelo216

lukemelo216 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ...

It could be done, but it would need some fine tuning. Basically cutting off the top cage box and just making it a bar up there or at least cuttign it in half. The ramp would work with some modifications to make it longer, its like the car hauler semis, or the big flatbed wreckers with the place for the car over the cab. Its just the way they have it isnt really optimal. I wouldnt put a ztr up there instead the standers. overall its a neat idea and would be great if your doing a lot of large commercial work. Especially now adays, with high gas prices, your knocking out pulling a 20-28' trailer
  6. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

It's not real at all. It was just a photoshop for a john deere ad that said something like "double time" or something to that effect. They've never actually made one of these. What's weird is your friend who "saw" one...Doubtful.
  7. knox gsl

You said it, I thought it!
  8. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow! Are you guys serious lol?? Made my day
  9. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

10. knox gsl

More than that, really look at the picture. The beds don't line up with each other, trimmers mounted 9 feet in the air, WB mower on the bottom has the deck cut off, Billy Goat blower, I mean John Deere blower, had handle cut off. How do you get that 1500lb ZTR off the top with that gate. You have 5 mowers and only 2 trimmers, 1 edger and no backpack blower???? Also there is more equipment than seats in the cab of the truck, well maybe, the most likely crew members are know for getting a few extra people in a vehical. All I've got to say is that if you advertise something at least try to make it realistic, and get someone who knows something about the industry to proof the ads you put out.