1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone seen the new Ditch Witch SK350 compact utility loader!!?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Venturewest, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

I went to the DW dealer today to get some parts for my Toro Dingo trencher. The manager gave me a brochure on the brand new SK350. It looks awesome. 20 HP kohler, 36" wide tracked, and a factory ride on platform. They basically shortened the SK500, and put a smaller engine. It is in a very enticing price point too.

I am not sure when it will be released. There is nothing on DW's website at this time. Does anyone else have any info on this?

Anyone want to buy my Dingo 220?? This looks exactly like what I need. :blob3:
  2. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

They are already out.

Our DW dealer had one at the trade show a month ago, and they still have it sitting in the showroom.

Haven't gotten a price on one yet, and don't intend to either. It's just too small.

Have you seen the thread on mini-skids in the tractor forum? There was also a fairly long one on this forum within the last few weeks too, titled something like "Bobcat MT52".

3. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

You may be thinking of the SK300. That was the their small compact utility loader. I agree, it was way too small. It only had a 13 HP Kohler, the new one has a 20HP. The SK350 is equivelent to the Toro TX420.

As far as I know it has not come into production quite yet, other than maybe a few demos. The factory is about 50 miles from where I live.

But, like I say, it looks like it will be very competitive in the mid-range of the compact utilities.
  4. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

We really liked the SK 500 last year, but even felt it was a little underpowered with a 25hp engine when running a 4'Harley Rake. Other than that, it was a nice setup..perfect for doing small ponds and retaining wall footers, and had good reach to go over the side of the one ton. I don't think I'd go with anything smaller in that line under the 500 series. We were priced at 14300.00 for a demo SK 500 and a smooth bucket, with 121 hours. Retail is around 17K, and I'm not sure about the 300 series' price
  5. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

I doubt that is the case. Both the TX420 and the 425 have an ROC of 500 pounds. Knowing how DW names their equipment, the SK350 will have an ROC of 350 pounds, so it will still be on the light side.

Even though the TX420/425 have the same ROC, I'm reasonably sure the 425 can probably pick up a little more weight, simply because the base unit itself weighs a few more pounds.

6. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

toro "claoms" that the 420 and the 425 have exactly the same capacities, they say the larger moter is only needed becuase of the wider tracks.

i find this info very suspect for the same reason.. machine weight