1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

has anyone seen this before?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by lawnwizards, May 17, 2008.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

its a dump insert that fits into the bed of your pickup truck. has anyone on here ordered one and if so, how do you like it?

2. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I called the manufacturer to get a price, I thought it was way over priced, basically it costs the same as a hydraulic dump insert.
  3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

That little video was funny. I dont know how many times I have said just drive real fast backwards and slam on the brakes to dump out the truck. Looks like someone improvised that saying and made something out of it. I would still much rather just have a regular dump insert
  4. slone

slone LawnSite Member

you can go to northern tool.com they have a way to convert the bed of your truck into a dump bed. it was around $900.00
  5. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

PITA taking your tailgate off every time. I also dont like how it spreads the load out instead of one pile.
  6. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Something looks like its going to snap when the guy does that.
  7. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

8. Just_as_I_am

Just_as_I_am LawnSite Member

I've not only seen it before. I own one. It has been the best investment I could have ever made. Not only does it save me time at the landfill site, it saves my back, giving me more energy for the rest of the day. The video shows just how simple it is. I have had hauled over 4,000 pounds of rock in my dump, along with grass clippings, tree trimmings, mulch, and gravel. Everything I seem to put in that thing slides out the same way. Smooth as silk. Last time I went to the dump, I was unloading a tree I had chopped down. From the time I parked my truck, removed the tailgate, unloaded my load, it was 58 seconds! I put it to the test. I was going to see for myself if what the website said was true... and it is. I recently purchased one of their dumpamatic stands for storage. That thing is so swift. When I'm not useing my dump, I just roll it out onto the stand, and it stores it there. At just the right height for me to backup to it, and pull it back into my truck ready for use again. You really should check this thing out. I got a full sized dump with the racks for $1695.00 This dump paid for itself with in just a few months of the season. I LOVE IT !!!!:cool2:
  9. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

is anyone else thinking this is spam from that company? new user, 1 post, and it's a complete rave about that product.
  10. atasteofnature

atasteofnature LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't look at the video but I been looking at getting a roll-off dump for the back of my pick-up truck. It is made by ameri-deck. I was wanting to use it to dump and also haul around mower with it. They run about $3,000 in Indianapolis. I saw it at the green expo a few years ago. It also was nice to be able to have on the ground to load things in and not have to lift it up into the truck bed such as debris. Good Luck