Has anyone seen

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rich's Lawn Care, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

A swing out mount for leaf loader that you can still pull your trailer?

2. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

rich, I assume you are talking about those swing outs that fit into your hitch receiver. If so, couldnt you weld a 2" x 2" square tube some place on the side of the trailer or wel two 1/2" bolts to square tube and afix to traier bed. I dont know if this could be made strong enough with some reanforcing. Perhaps someone else has done something simular to this.
    Good luck though

3. Rich's Lawn Care

yes the one that go's in the hitch. I have my loader on the trailer now but i like the swing out mount that go's in the hitch so when i'm doing a curb side i don't have to pull my trailer.

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Pjs
    Excellent suggestion!! maybe just find an old hitch and do a little welding

Mac.

5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Find the pics on here of kslands set up (I should say former set up, I think he sold it).

He had just what you're talking about. He used a Lesco loader, but I'm not sure if it was custom or stock deal.

I think it was a long draw bar that went through a square hole in the swing mount.
    Obviously you'd have to unhook and remove draw bar before you could swing out the mount, but it would allow you to just take the loader without trailer when you wanted to.

There's pics somewhere.

6. Rich's Lawn Care

gogetter, That what i'm talking about!! thanks a lot. i'm off to lesco

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Rich, here's a link to one thread with some photos of it. I think there are closer pics somewhere. But you can get the idea from these.
    I was wrong about having to take the long draw bar out, it's below the swinging part, so all you have to do is disconnect trailer.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36051

8. Rich's Lawn Care

I think it will work good for me i have a lot of curb side pick up for next week so it would be nice just to drive the truck with no trailer.

thanks again

9. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah you would just have to weld a receiver onto your truck. One thing you might want to make sure is that your trailer is far enough behind you to make turns. Most of the time with enclosed trailers, you need an extended hitch. :cool: