1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone started mowing or doing spring clean-ups yet?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Greatdane522003, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Greatdane522003

Greatdane522003 LawnSite Member

Just wondering who out there has started yet? I'm like everyone else i've got cabin fever real bad yesterday was 65 and so I had to get out and I worked on my trailer all day repainting it:blob3:

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Go ask your customers for fertilize....
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

No grass here yet. Our grass doesn't really start to grow until the Cherry Blossoms show white color in D.C.
  4. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

We do cleanups any day its mild, still have 6 or so big ones leftover from fall. If they get done before March 1st I still classify them as "fall" cleanups, after that then get renamed,.... yup you guessed it "spring" cleanups.
  5. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a couple cleanups left to do and then its small jobs like gutters, cutting back winter growth on plants, and then getting everything ready for spring
  6. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I got 2 or 3 inches of snow on the ground still.
  7. bayoulawn

bayoulawn LawnSite Member

I will do 2 today if the rain holds off.
  8. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

I did my first big clean up of the season yesterday. YEA!!!!

Been mowing rye all winter.
  9. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Was high 60's yesterday. Busy doing pre-emergence and cutting down last years growth on ornamental grasses, pruning tree's/shrubs, cleaning beds and reappling mulch. Grass should start to green in about 4 weeks or sooner if we keep these high temps. Trying to get all the supplies before the season starts and get all equipment tuned up and ready to go.
  10. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

We just starting getting some stuff together for spring but untill its safe to take the sanders off the trucks we cant really get much done.Got a chance for ice tonight and maybe some more next week so it will be a little while yet before we really get into clean ups.