1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone started yet?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Field General, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Field General

Field General LawnSite Member

Has anyone in Eastern Ohio or western Pa started applying yet. If not when do yunz guys plan on gettin' rollin'.
  2. enviouslawns

enviouslawns LawnSite Member

Almost everyone i know in michigan has
  3. sclawndr

sclawndr LawnSite Senior Member

Everyone's been out this past week in western PA. Hey, if it ain't snowing, you better get going. We get calls this time every year wanting to to know where we are because ChemLawn's been there already.
  4. Field General

Field General LawnSite Member

I am going to start next week,or as soon as my fertilizer is delivered.
  5. The Turfinator

The Turfinator LawnSite Member

Its snowing right now in Cleveland! The big problem will be the snow mounds on the tree lawns, and thats where we need the pre-emergent most. I got my Rd.1 material last week and I am anxoius to start doing apps.
  6. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Will be starting this week, but gotta love when TGCL goes running out and throws it on the snow, or in the swamp in the middle of the lawn that hasnt receded yet from all the rain. had them 2 weeks ago throwing fert down on a lawn, mind you it was friday mar 7th, there were flooding warnings everywhere and an expected snowfall of 10+ inches. They did the lawn anyways with snow coming down, and yes it was 10+ inches,....21 inches to be exact and the people got an estimate from me that same day! Guess who the cancelled! You think TGCL ever looks at the weather forecast or for that matter even care?.....NOT!