Has anyone taken the exam for....

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Johnshandyman, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Johnshandyman

Johnshandyman LawnSite Member

Commercial pesticide applications? class 3 is the class I need, Turf and Ornamentals pesticide and control. I was just curious about how the exam is. I have the materials and am currently studying. I would appreciate a little advice on what to pay most attention to.

2. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

i took it here in AL. pay attention to the formulas. over time i have learned which ones i use the most...but a few years ago this seemed like a lot.

3. Jeepster

Jeepster LawnSite Member

Yes the formulas. Pay attention to the spread rates. They want to make sure your not over applying or under applying.

4. Jeepster

Jeepster LawnSite Member

Yes the formulas. Pay attention to the spread rates. They want to make sure your not over applyiing or under applying

5. Johnshandyman

Johnshandyman LawnSite Member

Thank you. I will do that.

6. bigtex

bigtex LawnSite Member
    from ma

in mass you'd be quized on everything from the first page to the last. it sucked. a landscaper spreading lawn fert has to know the same rules and laws as a plane that broadcast fert all over a farm. it was very broad.

7. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Ya, the Massachusetts test sucked big

8. boats47

boats47 LawnSite Member

I took both the MA and RI test and thought they were really easy, common sense was most of it. They always ask you about safety (PPE) and formulation (not a big deal just basic math). I think that the people who have problems either don't study or were never taught the right way to study. Just my two sense, take the test you will do fine.

9. B&B

B&B LawnSite Member

Check with your county extension office, they should have all the info you need.

10. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I went in to take the vertabrate test (7) which I studied for and just took the trees and ornamental(6) and aquatic (3) since I was there, and passed them all.

Didn't even get the study material from the state for the aquatic and tree and ornamental.

Like Boats says...if you have any mathmatical skills what so ever and answer the questions environmentally correct (OR AS A TREEHUGGER), you will pass it.

The only thing I find difficult without studying for tests are the photo id's but somehow I passed them both.

I think the tests are pretty easy myself (especially if you study at all) as a lot of it is just common sense!

Also, some people are just better test takers then others. I used to suck at taking tests, and let my nerves get me. Over the years I have gotten much better at learning and taking tests.