1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone tried Cub Cadet Commercial Equipment?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by new2thebiz, Mar 28, 2005.

1. new2thebiz

new2thebiz LawnSite Member

Just wondering if it holds up as well or is as good as some of the more commonly "used" commercial brands?
  2. DeWitt Lawncare

DeWitt Lawncare LawnSite Member

I've got Lesco equipment which is exactly the same, just green. I really like it. My Lesco Z two (Cub Cadet Tank) is a great striping ztr. It's huge tires are easy on lawns also. The lesco 48 wb is a great striper also. I've had scags, bobcats and JD's and I like the lesco stuff the best.

Cub Cadet comes with a little bigger price due to the name. If I were you, I'd look into Lesco. The knock on Lesco is repair. Some dealers don't have mechanics on staff. I'm small potatoes compared to some, so I'm not quite so hard on my mowers.
  3. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

I love my cub tank
  4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

there as good as any on the market. :)
  5. calbren

calbren LawnSite Member
    from K.C. Mo

How long have you had Lesco equipment?
  6. gpratt47

gpratt47 LawnSite Member

I have used Lesco wb for eight (8) years for the price and performance they can't be beat.

7. DeWitt Lawncare

DeWitt Lawncare LawnSite Member

For a couple of years now. I was referred by a friend who had been running Lesco mowers for about 6 years prior. Like many others have said. For the price, they cannot be beat. My 2004 Z-two doesn't have a cup holder, but I'm not willing to pay $5000 for that option.
  8. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

IMO, i'd buy scag as my top choice. I think they're built like tanks.
    If for whatever reason i didn't get that i'd probably look into eXmark.
    I'd like to try a dixie chopper. I'm curious to see if they are as durable as they look.
  9. rodzilla94

rodzilla94 LawnSite Member

i just got a cub cadet hydro 48 with a 15 kaw. it has the pistol grips on it the thing really strips well its bullet prof. if you get one it takes a little time to get use to the hydro's what I'm saying is you point it in the direction you want to go and hold on. I'm still getting use to it i bought it about 3 months ago and i recommend one to you. every day i use it i love it even more....oh yea its a walk behind i think the model is H48/15
  10. davidki

davidki LawnSite Member

I have read the coments here on the lesco product, and I plan to go in to Nashville to check them out, they have th 50, 60 and 72' s available and right now a sale on the 60 for $5999 and if I were to compare that to the Cub commrcial Tank 60, the cost on the Cub is 7200, so, there is a deffinete savings. Now when talking to the Lesco guys they told me the warranty on their units are 1 year on the mower, 2 years on the Motor, which I beleive was the kawasaki 25.. seems like the Cub has a 3 year parts and labor.

I wonder what the prices for the Cub could come down to, it seems like they have some wiggle room if you don't take the 0% financing.

One of the local Cub dealers had a "parking Lot Sale" they showd me the 60" for the $7200 and still have 0% financing, but, with 3 year warranty. The dealer also said while the unit is in warranty they will pick up and drop off the mower for warranty work for no charge.. Lesco does not have that

So what else should I look at?