Has Anyone Tried Google Ad Words for Advertising

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by cpel2004, Dec 11, 2007.

1. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

In 08' Im trying to find low cost ways to advertise. Has anyone used Google Ad words and if so what are your thoughts and results?

2. cpel2004

bumped to the top

3. By-The-Lake

By-The-Lake LawnSite Member

Its a great way to reach target audience cheaply and quickly (fast tracks website prominance while you slowly climb the Google ladder by employing SEO techniques). You only pay for hits/links to your site. If you are very specific with key words you can eliminate/reduce unwanted hits and really focus on potential clients. In my case I wanted to attract clients from a specific country for certain key words (products) while avoiding having to pay for hits from unlikely/out of country customers. This could also apply at a regional level like certain towns within a specific state for certain key words. They also have reports that you can view to see how/where the hits are comming from (which key words) and you can use this information to revise the key words you are using. Bottom line it is a very powerful business/marketing tool that can be utilized until your website is showing up in the first 1-3 pages of serch results for your key words. Some experimentation required but well worth it. By the way Yahoo has or had a very similar product that might be worth checking into as well.

Cheers

4. TPnTX

TPnTX LawnSite Bronze Member

I've just got started. I like the idea so far.

Regarding Yahoo. When Yahoo becomes a verb such as "google" I might consider them as well.

5. cpel2004

bump to the top

6. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Search Jim Lewis' posts on this matter. He uses them and enjoys the return as I recall.