Has anyone tried Google AdWords?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by nlminc, Nov 15, 2005.

1. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

I was thinking about creating an account. Has anyone here had any luck with this service?

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I was thinking about it before, but it just seemed a little expensive. I do admit that I think it work though because I see the adwords ads all the time.

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<Table width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><TR><TD><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></TD></TR></Table>
    Hi nlminc,

I am sure there are other LCOs out there who use this form of advertising. I just am not sold on it yet. If you get a chance, ask around people you know where they would look for someone to perform lawn care. Give them a few choices in your informal survey and include searching on Google. I would bet most people would say yellow pages or flyers before they said Google. But that is just my view.

I think meeting people in your area and word of mouth is just the best way for a smaller service industry.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Make your own logo Free.</center>

4. tiedeman

from earth

I agree with Gopher about that. I just think it would be a waste

5. Need a Little Trim

Need a Little Trim LawnSite Member

I don't really see internet traffic for the small time lawn care company as being that huge. If your in the landscaping side it would probably be a good idea though IMO.

6. laborador

laborador LawnSite Member

I have had an account since April. I get a few hits on it, but not much. You only pay for the hits, which can range from 10 cent to a dollar depending on how much you are willing to spend a day. I have mine set up for a 10 mile radius to my personnal address, so only people in my area will see it.

7. i got tons of hits when I did it..but I never realized the phone calls. I think lots of people clicked on the ad, but never called or emailed.....mostly tire kickers.

The few jobs I did receive worked out well for me...but my bill was upwards of 200 bucks per month....so I stopped.

Reminded me a bit of ServiceMagic...hmmmmmmmmmm...

8. tiedeman

from earth

ahh...Service Magic.

9. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

I use it. And, it works for me. We only do pavers and retaining walls.
    This year, I have gotten $250K worth of business using adwords and my website. Jobs have ranged from $35,000 to 6,000.00. They all add up.

Peace,

Rex

RM Stonescaping
    http://ArizonaPavers.Com

10. tiedeman

from earth

what is the cost that you normally pay for it?