Has anyone tried graphite paint

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by White Gardens, May 11, 2008.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I'm seeing people on here that use fluid film, not sure what that is exactly. I mow a few yards for my business, but I'm more into the landscaping. I only mow a few as to have that part of my business if I get bigger and have a mow crew.

Has anyone tried using graphite paint? We used to use it on the farm for grain wagons and fert wagons.

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Best way to decribe Fluid film is....

it's like wd40...

Now watch,,,about 15 people will slam me for comapiring it 2 wd40.....

But that's what it is.... there's a guy on here "dealer" who will send ya a sample can if ya request it......

and to answr your Q NO I dont use it... I just do like most people.... I use wd40.. its cheep and I can pick it up anywhere...

3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

WD-40 for me as well. Graphite paint seems like it would last about as long as the paint under the mower deck....not long!

4. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

never heard of graphite paint. I use Fluid Film and love it.

5. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not going to slam you, just educate you. :drinkup:

What makes Fluid Film stand out from all the competition is the non-solvent application. Without any solvent content, Fluid Film will not evaporate or get gummy or tacky, meaning one application on battery terminals, hinges, locks, garage door rollers, etc..(Anywhere inside where UV rays are not an issue and it is used a general purpose lube or corrosion preventive), it will last at least a year!

That is where Fluid Film will save you money. You don't have to keep re-applying.

6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Thank you. to be honest I didn't know that, you sent me a sample and I have used it a couple of times, but armed with new info. I am going to put it to the test.....

Thanks again

7. SoloSulkySurfer

SoloSulkySurfer LawnSite Member

I use graphite paint and it lasts alot longer than silicone or wd 40 used in the past. It does do a good job of keeping the deck clean at least for the first month. I would recommend trying it.

8. progressivelawncare

progressivelawncare LawnSite Member

i got my sample can from dano50 on friday and used it today and it outlasts wd40 6 hours to one. i am also unsure about graphite paint i have also thought about getting my decks powder coated but it's expensive!!!!!

9. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I would think graphite paint would last a little while. When we used to paint the wagons, you could run around 10,000 bushels of corn, or about 500 loads through them and there would be some left. Oviously though it would wear off where the combine dumped into the wagon.

Just wasn't sure how it would hold up on a mower deck.