Has anyone tried the Husqvarna LE389 Edger?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by googles, Mar 21, 2007.

1. googles

googles LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone tried the Husqvarna LE389 Edger? also what do you think would be better the Husqvarna LE389 or the Pro Little Wonder Edger?

2. Captains Landscape

Captains Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I've had one for 3 years and only used it once. The belt drive system doesn't seem to be powerful enough to create a new edge. It might be ok for maintenance of a current edge but not for new edging. Also the soil around here is pretty rocky and that damn thing sends the rocks pretty far, I don't like the liability. I would recommend renting for a day and see if it works in your native soil. Also I once was given a demo of an edger by a Toro rep that made the edge and chopped it up so there was no removal. I don't remember the model but it was the best alternative I've seen but it ran $1200+-

3. lawnward

lawnward LawnSite Member

I would go with the LW Edger. Much better build along with a much better support from Mfg. versus Husqvarna which is second to none in poor service and support.

4. googles

googles LawnSite Senior Member

yea i bought the briggs 3.5 little wonder. i used it today and it seems to work fine but i will know better in the next few weeks