Has anyone tried the new Dolmar 4-stroke handhelds?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by K&L Landscaping, Feb 18, 2012.

1. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

We use them and have never had any trouble. Never even needed a dealer just change oil once a month and straight gas it and go.

2. bucko

bucko LawnSite Member

I have the dolmar pb760 backpack 4stroke. i love it. its so easy to start, i dont even use the choke , runs on second pull . uses less gas than my echo.

3. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

who says you need to run the stihl oil. I switch oil depending on the town Im in when I run out.

4. Exmark#1

Exmark#1 LawnSite Member
    from MO

I run everything dolmar. Trimmers, blowers, hedge trimmers, and chain saws. I have both 2 stroke and 4 stroke in the trimmers and 4 stroke for the blowers. I personally prefer the 2 stroke trimmers over the 4 stroke just because of the weight. The 4 stroke blowers (have both backpack and hand held) always start on the first or second pull and have had them 3 years now and never any problems.

5. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Glad to see all the good things about the Dolmar I will be getting a Dolmar PB-7601.4 blower soon how is the break in ? Do it easy is what I normally do on my airplane engine .

6. bucko

bucko LawnSite Member

I was not given any special instruction on break in by my dealer. . he told me to change the oil seasonly..and that was it. Im curious if valve adjust is part of maint. looking into that.