has anyone tried the turfco direct edger?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by 2 clowns mowing, Apr 23, 2008.

1. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

thinking of buying turfco edger has any one used these machines before? and is there anything else out there that is the same type of edger.

2. Trenchblade

Trenchblade LawnSite Senior Member

you should check out the trenchblade.
    www.trenchblade.com

3. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have two turfcos best thing I ever bought, I get calls just from people requesting edging only after they saw my edge.

4. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

No offense intended, Trenchblade, but the Turfco edger is a Cadillac being compared to a motorcycle, both have appeal, but to different people! The Edgerite is one of the best built machines I have operated, and leaves a beautiful edge, with little work to be done after using, except to pick up the ribbon of sod it just cut.:cool2::cool2:

5. Trenchblade

No offense taken diydave. I am sure that the edgerite is a great machine and does a wonderful job. I was just putting it out there because some people only have the budget for a motorcycle and they both get you from point a to point b and sometimes a Cadillac is just overkill and hard to fit into a parking place.

6. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto. You can make pretty good money just doing edging. I think it is a great alternative to the pricey other units.

7. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Trenchblade, when are you going to have the blades that fit the curved shaft stihl edgers, also I cut away the guard on my stihl edger would I be able to fit the current trenchblade on it?

8. Trenchblade

we have some now, i am just trying to get my Web guy to get the buttons up there on the order page. If you want to order some, just get the regular trenchblades on the site, then send ma an email saying that you want the blade for t6he curved shaft. The part that was hitting was on the inside of the guard, which part did you cut off?

9. KanAg

KanAg LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

purchased a 10pk of the trench blades, will let you know how they do on my echo edger.

10. JustCut

JustCut LawnSite Member

I purchased a 10 pk and got 9 sent email and no response.:sleeping: This is my point, if you spend time talking up your company, let me help by telling of the great service I got once an error happened. opps I didn't get a response bummer.