1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

has anyone tried the updated mulching kits for exmarks?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MuleCutter, Dec 4, 2006.

1. MuleCutter

MuleCutter LawnSite Member

hey guys. i have a 19 hp 46 in Lazer HP and a 31 hp 66 in XS exmark... both with triton decks. the only cutting i do is mulching. exmark came out with the update kits to increase blade tip speed and mulch finer for 2007. i was wondering if anyone has tried the update kit yet. i find the XS mulches great like it is but the HP i have can use a little bit more tip speed so i'm gonna try it on that one first if i hear its worth putting one on. anyway.... i'd appreciate your input. THANKS!! :)
  2. r.eckley

r.eckley LawnSite Member

I have a35H 72" Triton deck with a mulch kit. It has had all the mods to make it work better. It mulches o.k. but not any better than my 60" ultracut.I am well satisified with mulching of both machines. I just wish i was as happy with the side discharging of triton deck. Seems to do a better job with mulching blades on all the time. I am very apprehensive about performance in spring growth.
  3. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I have a 06 Lazer HP 50\27 with the Triton cutting system and just had the upgrade installed.

I have already been impressed with its mulching abilities here in FL but I am still waiting for spring growth to really but the new BTS to the test.
  4. FyrFyt

FyrFyt LawnSite Member

Hey gilatpc, any update on the cut?