Has anyone tried the YBravo 21" mower??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LibertyFarmLandscaping, Jan 16, 2011.

1. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

This mower looks interesting. Kind of looks like a Snapper.

I'm adding on 14 fast food chains this year for a franchise owner. I currently take care of 4 locations for him now plus his warehouse/office and 2 homes.

Anyway, I will need to add one more 21" mower because of the very small turf areas at these locations.

I looked at the YBravo at a dealer a few days ago. They look like very good machines. I like the covered cables up the handle bars, and the lighter weight due to the aluminum used in certain areas. They also have a 25" coming out next month. Hopefully it will turn out better than the exmark 26". Another thing that was attractive was the cheaper priced parts compared to Toro. You can look up parts with prices on the website: www.ybravo.com. The 25" is 117lbs which sounds great if it will hold up. Also they have a 15 day try it and return it if you don't like it.

So has anyone seen, demoed, or own one of the 21" models?

2. chuacro

chuacro LawnSite Senior Member

Have not heard of this mower. Interested in more info.

3. Green Machine Mowing

Green Machine Mowing LawnSite Member

I am interested as well, I am considering carrying them,they seem to be well built units. A little checking on their website and I discovered you can order any part for the transmission, which is really cool, as I understand it, thats not a common deal.

4. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I have a local dealer, one branch place, no real brand loyalty just whatever he sees as the most practical and reliable. I like him because he doesn't push just the moneymakers. He has steered me away from more expensive brands/models at times and really seems to have my bests interests in mind. He is really knowledgeable and he loves the Ybravo and has been after me to demo one but I have no need for any new 21's. If he likes them I have to believe they are a good machine.

5. TheOctagon

TheOctagon LawnSite Senior Member

Reviving this thread. I am curious about these machines as well. Anyone know any background on the company?

6. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, Snapper sucks.
    I was in the dealer today and saw one, and noticed the honda engine, I just don't see why I would buy one over the honda commercial which will bag wet grass and the puddle it's growing out of.

7. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

After looking at the features of the mower, I am impressed. The only caution I would have is dealer support.

8. LibertyFarmLandscaping

from NE TX

Looks like Ed's in Addison carries them and Gassett's in Dallas. Not too far off the mowing route. Of course resell is not going to be like a Toro either.

9. LaLawnGuy

LaLawnGuy LawnSite Member

I guess its just the difference in location, but I can't imagine an $1100 21" mower. There just aren't that many small spaces that I service. I only use a 21 on about 5% of my accounts :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. LibertyFarmLandscaping

from NE TX

They are $895 quoted from dealer here for non bbc model. Yea it's just according to what your uses are. I used to use throw away models, but was going through 2 per year per operator. I have been easily getting 3 to 4 years out of the Toro's with no problems and you can still sell them for 3 to 400 then.