Has anyone used a JD Quicktrack, Wright Sentar or Stander?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassaholic, Sep 8, 2004.

1. grassaholic

grassaholic LawnSite Senior Member

I need a new mower and am undecided as to which mower to buy. Right now I am using a 26HP Walker with a 52" SD deck and a 20 HP Exmark Turf Tracer 52" deck. The Walker is a good mower but their dealer support really sucks in Ohio [which is the main reason I won't buy another one]. The bulk of my accounts are high end residential and I'm wanting to get away from the heavier riding mower. More often than not my lawns are soggy and wet and the Walker is too heavy. The Walker also takes up too much room in the trailer. My Exmark is great and I may buy another one but am considering the John Deer Quick Track, Wright Sentar, Wright Stander. I haven't demoed any of them yet but will soon.
    Before I demo any of these mowers I thought I'd get the forum members thoughts on them. One of the main things I'm worried about is the quality of the cut in tall thick fescue/bluegrass. Most of my accounts are fertilized and irrigated so they are always tall and green. I have to double cut the lawns most of the time to get the clean finished look my customers are after. My Exmark shoots the grass really far out of the shoot and disperses the clippings really well. Out of the 3 mowers mentioned which one is going to disperse the clippings the best? Is the John Deer 7 iron deck all its cracked up 2 be?
    Thanx, Micah