Has anyone used a Snapper 26" Hi Wheel Mower

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by howardsells2000, Aug 7, 2006.

1. howardsells2000

howardsells2000 LawnSite Senior Member

2. howardsells2000

howardsells2000 LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody got some input.

3. surffkatt

surffkatt LawnSite Member
    from okc, ok

a fellow contractor uses a couple here he scavenges hivac decks from riders and uses on his it narrows the machines overall width and gives better bagging performance he says

surff

4. bigcutup

bigcutup LawnSite Member

I am on my second year on mine. I have been satisfied with it. If I was going to run one 8 hours a day, I would look at something else, but the way I run mine, 3-4 yards a week, I am satisfied. I was concerned about the engine having enough power, but overall it has done a good job. Yes, you can lug it down, but I can also lug my 23 hp Kawasaki on my ztr. I did tonight. I will eventually go to a bigger, better unit, but I have been well satisfied with the performance of mine. One word of advise, Mowpart.com has a real good price on a Gator Blade for this mower. I like the way the Gator works on mine.

bigcutup

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I would consider a Billygoat 33" . The drive on our Snapper 21" units don't last that long on commericial units so I would wonder about it pulling around a 26". If this unit is like the exmark they weigh a lot and are hard to turn.

6. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea same here we got ours in may and the drive is bogging down. When yours messes up is it covered by warranty.

7. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

Just got my 21" snapper commercial hi vac unit in may and have had to mess with the drive system 4 times, (takes 2mins to fix) its covered by warrenty but easy to do yourself. the manual will show you step by step

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Snapper added a new high tech belt that apprently don't need an idler, I put one of those on and they are worth the big bucks. I left the idler in place but it has decreased my drive problems. I seldom have had a warranty problem on a 21" commericial snapper...usually takes a couple years.