Has anyone used a turbo spray gun?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Trav, May 5, 2004.

1. Trav

Trav LawnSite Member

Has anyone used a turbo spray gun for turf applications? And if so do you like it? It has a single hole in the middle unlike other guns that have multiple holes. It is a 1.5 gpm at, I think 100psi. alot different set up then the gun I have now which is at 3 gpm at 50psi. Just curious to hear about anyones exp with it. thanks

2. Trav

Trav LawnSite Member

does anyone use one?

3. Trav

Trav LawnSite Member

any help would be appreciated.

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Trav

I am sorry I was not familiar with the "turbo spray gun" However I went to the search engine and found 9,267 websites. The first was a beautiful girl in a string bathing suit. The second was a parts diagram of what I believe to be the gun you are asking about.

http://www.udorusa.com/udorpdf/26901162.pdf

5. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

I'm also not familiar with the 'turbo spray gun.'
    But the way Trav discribes it and looking at the web page Ric supplied....looks more like a tree/shrub gun rather than a lawn gun?

6. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

i use that gun. they come in a couple of different confiurations as far as barrel length. The one that I have uses about a 6 inch barrel, you can also get them with a barrel that is a couple of feet long. I hated mine when I first got it, took some experimentation to get the correct spray tip. For turf applications you don't want to use any where near 50psi, turn down the pressure and use bigger spray tips to get the volume where you want it. One of the nice things about it is you can adjust the size of the pattern with the lever on the side. You can turn the pressure up and change the pattern to spray trees with it, mine will shoot a stream about 50 - 60 feet

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Personally I liked the Picture of the string swim suit. :D :D

8. Trav

Trav LawnSite Member

Thanks for all your help. Turf medic you said it took a while to get the correct tip? Did you get a tip that has several holes or just one that is a larger center hole? Thanks again.

9. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

I ordered one with a single larger center hole. I will look around and try and find the phone number for the company I ordered it from. They seem to be quite well versed on the gun, ended up ordering 2 or 3 different sizes to try and get the volume that I wanted.