has anyone used any bifent xts?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bug-guy, Jul 29, 2007.

1. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

generic for onyx from fmc they both have xylene in them (remember dursban 2e)

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Bug Guy

Great knock down and what I buy it for sure beats the cost of Bifenthrin. However it does stink. This can be an advantage when the homeowner asks "Did you spray my yard?" Sure just stick your head out the door and smell it.

Price per gallon is higher, But cost per thousand is much lower.

3. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Gotta love those xylene range distillates. Faster, smellier & a little hotter but way more effective than their water based counterparts.

4. A.T.A.K

A.T.A.K LawnSite Senior Member

We use alot of it sucks on sod web worms.

5. bug-guy

r u using a spreader sticker ?

6. A.T.A.K

Yep LI-700 Great knock down no long term control.

7. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Really?

Are you sure irrigation was left off for 2 days, and you timed the app when Larve were present?

Pete D.

8. A.T.A.K

I live in central Florida this time of year it rains every day without fail at 4:00 pm. The only proble I have with it is sod web worms been at the fert and squirt game for 14 years now and is the only product I have seen a failure in sod web worms. It kills the larve fine but no residual effect against them. They spread very quickly here.

9. D&V

D&V LawnSite Member

Ric,

What rate do you use for chinch bugs? I have been using .1oz/K and have not had any problems yet.

10. bug-guy

i got friends using it at .15 oz per 1000 and it gets mixed results. some is application some applicator and there has been some resistance down here in hernando county (west central fla.) all using a spreader sticker