Has anyone used any of the new rhizome-enhanced tall fescues?

Discussion in 'Smith Seed' started by Smith Seed, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Smith Seed

Smith Seed Inactive

I was wondering if anyone has used any of the new tall fescues that have rhizomes.

2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I haven't been able to get it here yet. I have heard the growth process is actually really slow to establish. Both of our regular suppliers aren't ordering any yet, so there's something awry there.. I would bet it would be a good overseed in the area around here, and a good early fall primary seed. Why don't you hook us up and we'll tell you firsthand...lol..Seriously, I am getting my seed schedule set for early fall, and could use some on some new construction and let you know what we think. By the way, send me some literature and info on your seed products. I'm always looking for a better quality seed.

3. Smith Seed

Smith Seed Inactive

Actually, we've been moving quite a bit of Titan Ltd. into W.VA, through a source in Ohio and one in W.VA. Have you gone to www.titanlimited.com yet? There are some really good photos of the product in action, as well as a dealer locator.

Maybe take a look and get back to me. I will be happy to hook you up with a source and tell you more about my first-hand knowledge of the product. :D

4. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Looks pretty good..call me with more info on Wednesday if possible. The closest dealer is around 50 miles from me. I'd definitely like to give it a try right now. When doing summer seeding, I usually use a 3 way TF at 6# /K ft2. I'd like to know the seeding rates and such for the Titan. Give me a call-304-376-5296