Has anyone used Earthway C24HDS?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by thomjr03, Feb 3, 2007.

1. thomjr03

thomjr03 LawnSite Member

Considering buying a new spreader and wondering if anyone has tried the Earthway C24HDS?

thanks

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Stainless steel is the only thing that lasts. The Andersons stainless steel is the best and has the best adjustment (helical cone) for evenness with different fertilizers.
    However...
    ---Will you be rolling it onto trailer...or...be lifting the weight onto a pickup? Andersons and Lesco weigh about 31 pounds. (empty) If you will be lifting, try to get one that weighs around 15 or 20 pounds. Spyker, maybe.
    ---Or...the cheap plastic homeowner models are light, but barley adequate. They are disposable: get a new one every few months.

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

4. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the C24, It's a pretty good spreader . you can adjust the spray pattern easily, spreads nice and has a 100lb. hopper. Definately go for the Stainless.

5. thomjr03

thomjr03 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info. I will be using a trailer it so lifting won't be such a concern.

6. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Heres a link for a pretty good spreader carrier. I just bought the front mount carrier for a push spreader There $330 plus shipping which for me ( New Jersey) was $50 http://www.b-btech.com/AA_spreaders.htm

7. thomjr03

thomjr03 LawnSite Member

Thanks shades.... that would definitely be easier