Has anyone used ellepots?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by evergreenedmond, Oct 17, 2007.

1. evergreenedmond

evergreenedmond LawnSite Senior Member

I am about to order pansies for the fall & am on the fence about using standard pots or the new ellepots. I have not been able to find any pros or cons about them. One of the growers I buy from is switching all his 4" pots (annual color & groundcover) over to ellepots saying they allow more oxygen & nutrients to reach the roots & also reduce transplant shock. The other grower I buy from is saying they slow down root development & that the pansies won't make it past the 1st freeze. Has anybody used them & if so what do you think?

2. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I don't know what ellpots are and have never used them. I do have a lot of experience with trying to get new innovative products to be used in this industry. Let me tell you it is not easy, regardless of how much research has been done, people are reluctant to change.

It is not cheap to bring a product like that to market so I would imagine they have done their research and if the grower follows the manufacturers directions they probably are better than the standard 4"pots.