1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone used on of these?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by drewster77, Apr 26, 2013.

1. drewster77

drewster77 LawnSite Member
    from caledon

2. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer LawnSite Member

Our guys mess up a chainsaw cutting through an aspen tree. :confused: Zero chance I will ever buy them a chainsaw to cut stone.

3. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

We just rented one yesterday to cut a 10" x 12" piece of concrete off a step. The chain kept loosening up and it took so long, even running it with water it was slow. I wouldn't recommend it
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. drewster77

drewster77 LawnSite Member
    from caledon

I thought it was too good to be true!

Thanks!

5. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

The chain wasn't broken in they stretch needs adjustment until then
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

7. jmkr02

jmkr02 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think they ever made it through the pipe in the video! Like any tool they all have their purpose. The square cut is nice and getting in tight to where you need to finish a precision cut. Would like all three in the tool kit regular 12" or 14" saw, ring saw, and chain saw. It would be nice on an egress you could use all three start with the regular saw move to the ring and finish the corners with the chain saw. Or hit the corners with the chain saw to line things up and cut from both sides with the k saw. Looks like some major coin though. Wonder if you could carve stone like they do the statues with ice and tree rounds!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  8. latux87

latux87 LawnSite Member

Remember when they introduced the 500i, and then took almost 1/3 of them back to fix Carburetor issues? Similar thing with these. For now stick with ICS or Husky, and give them a year to work out the kinks...

9. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

The chain was a used one, it was definetely broken in. The model we had was ICS. Was going to buy one but won't bother now. I'll stick with my concrete cutting guy. He's expensive but the job is flawless when he's done.

10. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Oh I thought you were talking about the stihl rock boss. I never used the ics.... But you are right they are a little on the slow side