Has anyone used or hear anything about DR???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mow It All llc, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Mow It All llc

Mow It All llc LawnSite Member

I was thinking about picking up on of the DR leaf vacumes......I was gonna get the 7hp commercial. Has anyone heard anything or have one?? The say you can load it with bags and it will bag it. They also say you can suck up mulch and reverse it and blow it out......any feedback? Thanks guys

http://www.drpower.com/

2. gavin478

gavin478 LawnSite Member

I've heard of guys that use the DR 'commercial' brush cutters and hate them. They never seem to hold up on anything more than homeowner work. I would go with a commercial grade billy goat or something similar

3. Mow It All llc

Mow It All llc LawnSite Member

But I havent seen a Billy Goat tow behind.....I need something with a large capacity and that bagging option would be nice

4. irishgreens

irishgreens LawnSite Member

i would also like to know more about the dr and if they are worth the money i will but on in a heart beat if they are will save me money in the long run basically you can do leaf cleanups by yourself and faster

5. PUDGE

PUDGE LawnSite Member

I have the DR commericial model leaf vac. Used it last year and was very pleased and I did some "nasty" yards that hadn't been raked the entire year. Takes some getting used to manuvering it but does a great job.

6. JShe8918

JShe8918 LawnSite Senior Member

I have one sitting in my front yard that i have taken apart to send back. They are CRAP don't waste your time. I will take pictures if you like. I go the 9hp premier model due to it having caster wheels. When you order they get you to make all of these measurements so they can send you everything you need. They also make sure that your mower is compatible with the vac. Mine scag was suppose to be compatible come to find out the hitch plate will not work because of the hydros and hydralic hoses. Also the boot from the deck didn't work. I called technical support and they told me i had to use a jigsaw and welder on my new $12,000 lawn mower. I told him to go to you know where and to make arrangements for it to be picked back up. Purchased a clamshell bagger and couldn't be more happy even though it was 700 dollars more. Rather pay for quality and this thing wasn't. Once again. I hate it and would ever ever try it again!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. CustomKare

CustomKare LawnSite Member

Horrible machine. I had the premier model and it was hard to manuver and with the caster wheels it would drift and take out everything in it's path. Assemble and disaasemble was a pain in the ass. The chipper was only good for limbs as straight as a broom stick. You would need to spend way too much time trimming branches to get them to fit through the hopper. This post brought back bad memories and reminded me how much I hated the machine! Sorry for the vent but I told DR that I would tell everyone I knew what a piece of S---t thier equipment was. Look at a cyclone possibly.

Good luck

8. milkie62

milkie62 LawnSite Senior Member

Their brush mower works great.Never had a break down in 7 yrs other than twigs getting into the belt area.