Has anyone used Reward?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Rebs, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Rebs

Rebs LawnSite Member

I was wondering if anyone on here has used Reward? I was looking for some feedback, good or bad, pros or cons.

I know you have to use it when tha lawn is completly dormant. And it will KILL anything that is green.

Any information would be helpful

Thanks

2. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

Reward will burn any thing green that it comes in contact with. Plants with a well established root system will come back. It is great mixed with simazine during late winter to take poa and other winter grassy weeds out of bermuda.
    It also gives a real fast burndown.

3. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i use it on a reguler basis for aquiatic weeds, i find it works best mixed w/ rodeo and a surfactant.. it does provide a very fast burn bown, and yes if there is extensive roots, it will not completly kill the plant, thats why i mix it w/ rodeo (round-up w/o the surfactant). i have not used it on a lawn or in landscape, cost to much $$, but if there is water nearby, better use reward, or you might float fish.

4. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

I give it to my kids when they are good

5. TforTexas

TforTexas LawnSite Senior Member

I have used it mixed with roundup(prosecutor) for a quicker knockdown with non selective. It is diquat so roundup & reward basically ='s roundup Quick pro.
    One time spraying roundup/reward mixture on an overgrown field with 6-7' sunflowers we were suprised by a sudden downpour. We ran across the street to a McDonalds to decide whether or not to call it a day. 15 minutes later the rain stopped, and we decided to go back to work. When we got there I was amazed to find that the sunflowers were already wilted and crispy brown! After only 15 mins, and in a pouring rain. At first I thought if it worked that quick it killed the plant before it had a chance to translocate the round up, but they never came back. I was convinced!