Has anyone used Square one

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GreenerSolution, Oct 24, 2012.

1. GreenerSolution

GreenerSolution LawnSite Member
    from PA

Listed A.I.
    Carfentrazone-ethyl* .......................................... 3.9%
    Quinclorac...........................................................61%

Some vendors were swearing by this product because of its ability to be used right before/ after seeding. Does anyone know if the results are better than your typical quinclorac products, i.e. tenacity

I'm not familiar with carfentrazone-ethyl to be honest

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

3. GreenerSolution

from PA

quicksilver is a good product. I'm always nervous with these new products that come out. I've had terrible results with tenacity this past year. I don't know if it was just the program, uncontrollable variables (client mowing fields at about an inch in length!), or just the extreme heat we had, but it was bad!

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Wont use because their ad is the most annoying ad I have ever heard on LS.

5. Ferris68

Ferris68 LawnSite Member

I used it a lot this fall and had great results before and after seeding. I would recommend this product.

6. clemsonturf

clemsonturf LawnSite Member
    from SC

#1-Tenacity is not quinclorac.

#2-FMC has found a niche market in combining some of these actives that have come off patent and marketing these products to people who don't know any better.

7. GreenerSolution

from PA

you're right. I guess what I meant was i used tenacity and a generic quinclorac on separate applications. both did not work. even acclaim wasnt working on some sites. The tenacity would white it out, but then the crab just grew out.