Has anyone used the drop-in sprayers

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GreenHor7, Oct 18, 2006.

1. GreenHor7

GreenHor7 LawnSite Member

I was looking at new equipment and i stumbled across the gregson clark spreader-mate. Essentially, it is a drop-in sprayer i would guess. I would like to know if anyone has any experience with using this peice of equipment and if it would be a good way to go if someone were starter out in the business. Most likely it will be used with a stand-on lesco spreader.

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I have used the perma green sprayer that mounts on the side of the spreader, I believe they use the same pump. either would work good for your spreader. you would get more volume with the drop in but with the pg you can spray and spread at the same time.

3. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

also with the PG attachment, you will save about $400. they have changed the design of the PG, now it is a manual pump that runs off the wheel of the spreader, and the resivour is relocated to inside the hopper. i saw it at the expo in KY, price is around $350 and comes w/ a modified hopper cover also.

4. indyturf

from Indy

haven't seen that one yet! I'm sure it is easier to push that the first one they came out with 15yrs ago, it had a rubber hose that went around a roller mounted on the axle, it worked but it was a bear to push!

5. teeca

ya, i think i bought that from you last spring! along w/ that spraytank

6. GreenHor7

GreenHor7 LawnSite Member

Thats why i am looking at using it in a lesco ride on spreader. I am just concern with the coverage the unit will have and how fast and easy it is to take out of the hopper and use it for granular apps.

7. indyturf

from Indy

I thought that might be you! were you able to salvage the spreader? you got a heck of a deal on the tank!

8. teeca

the spreader and tank are both taking up way to much space... the spreader is a lost cause, and the tank is $1500 from being useable.. (pump/engine/frame etc) but it's their and ready to be completed (i still have 30yrs 'till retirement).. lol:weightlifter: