Has anyone used the Echo Pro attachment series?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sss33, Jun 11, 2005.

1. sss33

sss33 LawnSite Member

Has anyone used the PAS-230 or PAS-260 series equipment from echo? Just wondering if it works as well as your standard trimmer or if you comprimise some quality for flexibility?

2. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got the PAS-260 with the following attachments: Trimmer, pruning saw, edger, and articulating hedge trimmer. I love it has more than ample power to do all that these attachments are designed to do. I've seen some folks bash Echo products on this board but I gotta say I'm sold on 'em. I also have a PB-751 backpack blower, and handheld hedge clippers HC-150i.

-Geoff

3. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the pas 260 also. It has plenty of power imo. There are no problems with flexibility. I basically only use it with the hedge trimmer and power saw attachments. I also have the weed wacker attachment for a back up or when I have to knock down some tall grass.

4. Gibs

Gibs LawnSite Member
    from canada

i just bought the edger for the toro attchment and worked decent... don't find it goes deep enough but does a good cut

5. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I have the PAS 230, I picked it because its lighter than the 260. I use it as a backup trimmer and I have the pruner saw attachment for tree services. Plenty of power, and it seems to be built well.

6. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

I've run the 260's for four or five years. Hate to run anything else. Attchments change very quickly and they don't take up as much space as trying to cary all the individual units.

7. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

Have had a PAS-260 with string trimmer and edger four three +/- seasons. Just bought a second 260 power head and string trimmer attachment. The system runs and works great for me. No problems at all.

Jim

8. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I've got the 260 also. The edger attachment work very well. I'll probably purchase the articulating hedge trimmer sometime soon. I also have a 403T blower and a 150 hedge trimmer, both are great. Echo has some of the easiest starting tools on the market.

9. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

PAS-260 with trimmer, edger, tiller, hedge trimmer and the pole saw. It's a great second trimmer to carry along and the other attachments do a great job. Lot's of power from the 260 engine.

10. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

Those of you that have used this system for awhile, have you noticed any loosening in the connection point?
    I have wanted to get a hedge trimmer and pole pruner and going that route I could save some money rather than buy individual components.