Has anyone used the new....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasscoach, Mar 22, 2008.

1. grasscoach

grasscoach LawnSite Member

Husqvarna (Redmax) backpack blowers. In particular the 180bt. I only have dealer support for Stihl and Husqvarna in my area (10-15miles). There are a few others that are 100 miles away or so, but who wants to drive that far for service. I have heard of issues with the stihl br600, it appears to be quite lite. I have heard that in the real world the Redmax is more powerful and possibly reliable....still a true 2 stroke. I am not trying to bash either. I just want to know if anyone has used the new Husqvarna 180bt and how they think it compares to the Stihl br600 in weight, power, and reliability? I think the dealers are about the same on service. I was quoted $479 for the br 600 and $499 for the husqvarna 180bt.

Thanks for your input.

2. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Definitely 2 cycles. A friend of mine have the Stihl BR550 and Redmax. He said The Redmax is definitely stronger, no comparison. BR600 is stronger than BR550, so should be very close. From the spec. BR600 win out very slightly. But engine power wise, Redmax is stronger.

I'll take the Redmax/Husky 180BT. The way CARB is going, sooner or later, you will be forced to go with those 4Mix, so get the 2 cycles while you can!!!! Hopefully companys will come out with 4 cycles that is as reliable as Honda type.