1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone used these grass catchers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kelly Lawn, Mar 1, 2007.

1. kelly Lawn

kelly Lawn LawnSite Member

:cool2: http://www.acceleratorindustries.com/
    I am thinking about switching to these catchers this year for my line up of HRC 216 Honda 21" commercial push mowers. They are pretty expensive, about $200 a piece, but supposed they hold twice as much and allow for much better suction because of the small holes that increase the air intake. What do you think.:cool2: :drinkup: :usflag:

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Someone on this site had one or two of those on Hondas, but I saw those pics quite a while back...

I would think that the weight of that thing would make the mower be very light in the front all the time...
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Two problems...First, it ends up weighing too much and causes the mower to cut uneven as it is weighing the side down as it fills. Second, it takes longer monkeying around with it to dump it than it takes to fill it. Watch the video on the site on how to dump it. All the messing with the door and pin and all that...The factory cloth baggers are just SO much faster. Then, there is the cost...But we won't even go there....
  4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I just thought.. You want less trips to the truck (or whereever) to dump? Buy another factory honda catcher! Carry two with you , usually the spare will ride on top of the one attached to the mower or you can set it off to the side of where you are cutting. One gets full, toss it off and put on the empty one. THis way IF you fill both on one lawn you have both arms full with bags, eaier to carry because you are balanced and half the # of trips.

This is what I do too, only I have a JD- SB14 with 2 bags.
  5. mosmgras

mosmgras LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Had one for a Wright Sentar a few years ago. POS! Like Runner said, once it was full, it weighed a ton and was difficult to un-hook and dump.