Has anyone used this make of Velke?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vikings, May 16, 2007.

1. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

I'm in the market but they look.... well I can't decide if they look weird or cool:laugh:

http://www.trailerracks.com/mowers.html

I weigh so much I'll likely get a two wheeler of some sort.. btw, its for a Toro 36" gear 15hp kawi (I think) (it's on it's way)

2. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the 2 wheel models and they are good. Never tried the 1 wheel and dont think I would like it. What is the price on these?? I think I gave about $225.00 for mine

3. Vikings

from canada

Two wheel is $275 now, did yours last? I mean the wheel bearing or whatever. How replaceble are they, are the parts generic? It's just that I've heard some iffy things like Jungle wheels break at the welds etc.

4. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Just get some Jungle Wheels and be done with it. $220 @ mowpart.com

5. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with the above post. I won't use any other sulky than Jungle Jim's Jungle Wheels.

6. Vikings

from canada

7. Grits

from Florida

So you are looking at about $360 shipped to your door. That is fairly expensive. I would think you could find a better deal. They are claiming that is a Velkey. If it is, I would guess that it is decent. Velkey is the originator of sulkys. Do you not have any dealers of mower equipment in Canada?

8. We have shipped several hundred sulkies this year, and we have had no problems with them at all.

You can use coupon code: lawnsite1 to get 10% off

9. Grits

from Florida

That wouldn't be too bad a price with the discount.

Matt, who makes your sulkies? That thing is crazy looking! I am not saying that is a bad thing. Looks heavy too.

10. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i can tell you at 265 lbs -not to get a velkie. not heavy duty enough . a heavy person will wearit out in no time.