Has anyone used this trailer type?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ElephantNest, Jan 17, 2004.

1. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Moved from trailer forum.

Anyone use/used a 4 wheeler trailer for lawn care? I'm looking at one 80"x12', actually hoping they have a 14', has rear gate, treated wood, etc., but...the thing I like is it has a second gate on the front right side, perfect looking for a W/B. I was thinking the exmark could go sideways in front, and a ztr in the back. I could unload the W/B with the side gate without having to take off the ztr, for smaller yards and such. Any ideas on this? Here is a link to what I'm talking about.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEBWA:IT&rd=1

Thanks,
    ~Nest

2. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

link isnt working

3. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Can't see the link but I would never buy another trailer when you can get more interior bed width, shorter vehicle length, better turning raduis, better fuel economy w/ one of these & yes they're avail. in a 4X4 as well.

cabover bed.jpg

4. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

Nest,

I am building a trailer right now and it is going to have a 48" side gate on the pass. side for the 36" walk and 21" ers. I think it is going to be easier because it will lay down over the curbs and with just the walks you can still have some mulch, soil, or leaves in the back of the trailer and be able to access both.

A guy down the steet from me built one that had bi-fold gates and 18" sides and it seemed to work well for him although I would not have the bi-fold gates.

5. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

A few years ago I modified my 16' trailer with a side gate at the righ front. Dont know how I got along without it. On the downside, it weakens the trailer a little as I cut the side rail to do it. My trailer has a wrap around toung which gives it more support than one with out. I can take a picture if you like, but its raining here now.

6. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

7. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

I would like to see a pick of how you worked the side gate in. It looks like it could be a day or two before your rain lets up though.

8. pjslawncare/landscap

Heres one picture

side gate 001.jpg

9. pjslawncare/landscap

The other

side gate 002.jpg

10. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Here's one of my trailers w/ a side gate. Both side & rear gates have modified EZ Gate Lifts.

side gate2.jpg