Has anyone used XTREME

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fatboy5803, Mar 31, 2003.

1. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

A friend gave me this stuff called XTREME, it's square trimmer line. Haven't had to restring my head yet, just wondering if anybody has tried this..??

Lou :cool:
  2. I love that trimmer line that Echo makes,(crossfire?)it is sort of shaped like an X and I love it , I have used the square stuff too once u use it u`ll never go back to round line.
  3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

and once you use gator magnum trimmer line, you will never consider another brand. I usually respool every 8 hours. With the gator magnums, i am able to go for at least 16 hours. No lie. Very heavy duty, so much so that i have to carry a knife with me solely for cutting the excess line.
  4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Agreed that round line is not that great. Doesn't cut weeds well and seems almost like the ones with square edges semi-mulch clippings like gator blades almost! lol. The round line more or less punches through stuff like a dull mower blade vs. the squared stuff gives an even cut. Seems like cutting thick brush the round line does better though but I can't explain it. Maybe it just has more structural integrity.
  5. Nozzleman

Nozzleman LawnSite Member

Anyone used the Husqvarna titanium line and if so is it any good? I have some that was given to me and once I use up my Crossfire line I will give it a try.
  6. Clay

Clay LawnSite Member

I have been using the titanium line... it was alright, but tended to weld a bit...

Today was the first test for the new Gator line... and, let's just say "I won't be going back to titanium!" That Gator is pretty good stuff... :)

Listen to Mac... He won't steer you wrong!

Good Luck, Clay
  7. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

I guess I need to check out my dealers display, all these different types of trimmer line. :dizzy:

Lou :cool:
  8. Leone LawnCare

Leone LawnCare LawnSite Member

ive used gator line and that stuff lasts alot longer than normal line
  9. wildbilly1113

wildbilly1113 LawnSite Member

I love the titanium line! Before that I used wally worlds square terminator string by shakespear,good stuff,got to try gator string,where do you buy it!
  10. Mowing Freak

Mowing Freak LawnSite Senior Member
    from S.E. Ks

I bought a roll of titanium line and ended throwing it away. I put it on my trimmer and ended up throwing what was left in the spool away too. STICK WITH THE GATOR LINE!!! You won't be dissatisfied, especially if you trim in fence or against concrete. Plus, gator is not the most expensive line. Look for anybody who sells mower parts from silver streak and you can get the line.