1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

has anyone used

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by johngreen, Mar 28, 2006.

1. johngreen

johngreen LawnSite Member
    from iowa

Has any one used a lesco mower. If so what do you think of them. If you could buy a used hydro or a new belt drive what would you do?:usflag:
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I would buy a Toro, that's what I would do.
  3. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp LawnSite Member

scag ... a little more money but will last you for ever just do the service on it.

4. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

i run gravely lots of people dont like them but i do lol....but i would say get a scag...they seem to be nice....i would buy new scag hydro if i had the money
  5. mrbray101

mrbray101 LawnSite Senior Member

I run a lesco belt drive 36". I bought it used and it has never been a problem so far for me. It starts on the first or second pull everytime, has plenty of power to pull me (205 lbs), and never bogs down or has trouble cutting. I have kept it serviced like it should and it treats me pretty well. What type of lesco are you looking into?
  6. MRGreenstuff

MRGreenstuff LawnSite Member

I have belt drives and have never had any problems. If i had to make that purchase all over again I would go Lesco!:weightlifter:
  7. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

36 belt
    48 belt
    48 hydro
    All Lesco
  8. johngreen

johngreen LawnSite Member
    from iowa

I was looking at a Lesco 48" belt drive. I am just startstarting and have nothing yeat. The lesco seems like it may have a better price than some of the others. I may be able to buy a new one instead of used. I an starting small and trying to keep my overhead down.
  9. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf LawnSite Senior Member

If you could buy a used hydro or a new belt drive what would you do?:usflag:[/QUOTE]

Never used a Lesco but hydro is the way to go on what ever brand you like.