1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone worked with Field Asset Service Inc. ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greatdane522003, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Greatdane522003

Greatdane522003 LawnSite Member

I got a call today from a lady in texas saying that this company was lookin for someone in my area to mow the lawns of houses that are repo's and min is $40 a cut and all I have to do is take 4 before and after pics! and Invoice them within 5 days after doing the work, and she said that I get to choose the area that I work in, So I was wondering if anyone out there has gotten a call like this or is already working for a company like this.
  2. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Never heard of that before. I'd want to get an advance payment of some sort. Plus, how many houses are you talking about? That doesn't happen a whole lot that I know about, but your area may be different.
  3. NCLawnMedic

NCLawnMedic LawnSite Member

I called them today and it is basically a contractor cleaning company for banks. I know of some services in my area that clean and maintain lawns for banks on their own without the middle man. They say they have never had problems with collecting money. I think I may give it a try. Email me and I will let you know how it works out.

4. fearthedeere

fearthedeere LawnSite Member

I do work for them. They squirrel around with you though. Just make sure you take many good pictures or they wont pay you. Also, if you don't do everything exactly the way they like it, like invoice within 5 days, do this within a certain amount of time, do this ASAP...they wont pay up or will partial pay you. They're corporate, and I hardly talk to the same people at once, so no one really knows how to help you or anything. I've had some problems with sending pictures and invoices over their website, and then they turn around and do not pay me saying that I didn't send pics. Well, it's kind of hard to send pics if your website doesn't work! They're lucky I'm still their vendor for my area.
  5. Greatdane522003

Greatdane522003 LawnSite Member

thanks for the info! I'm just afraid that I'll get stuck working in a bad part of town! I told them today when I talked to them that I really don't want to be mowing a lawn with a bullet proof jacket on!!!! :dizzy:
  6. NCLawnMedic

NCLawnMedic LawnSite Member

They told me that I could pick and choose the properties that I wanted. Afterall I really do not want to be associated with a property that can not be made to look decent.