Has anyone

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by cat2, Jul 24, 2007.

1. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

HI. Just wonder if anyone ever put dual chrome stacks on a john deere skid steer. If not I need too. That would look badazz. I think. Is it just my skid or do the jd's really smoke when you start them up? I love that.:laugh:

2. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Cat2........why not "chip" the motor, chrome rims, sheep skin seat cover.......

3. cat2

from Mi

Hay never thought of that:hammerhead: Good idea:rolleyes: Turn up the injector pump that will give you lots more smoke.:)

4. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

i've seen new john deeres from the factory that have chrome stacks

5. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

My Deere only smokes during reving up. Deere has the chrome stack as an option. I think it gives the machine a touch of class and a little pride in your machine. Never seen duals before.

6. cat2

from Mi

Yes, I have the chrome stack on mine, and would never have another machine without it. It just looks so much better. My Deere smoke alot when you start it. Man in the winter you should see it. It smoke so bad and runs so rough you don't think it will stay running.

7. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Sheesh, you guys are killin' me.......now I walk by my equipment, even my dump truck and I'm thinkin' chrome this, chrome that, aluminum here..........glad the parts stores aren't open today........there wouldn't be a chrome do-dad left on the shelves.........If I was a rap star, I'd even think of chroming my teeth......

8. cat2

from Mi

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

9. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

just dont be like some of the trucks that haul me stone...friggin guys know they are going to be going off road but they put those real low chrome bumpers on there trucks...then complain to me they can't dump in one area because they cant get back there without getting hung up and ripping their bumper off....i tell them after they dump not to come back...our company has a list of trucks/drivers not allowed on our jobs because they have those low bumpers

10. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

don't forget the fuzzy dice!